Register
It is currently Tue 14 Aug 2018 3:33 am

Cabo water?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr 2004 5:35 pm   

I know it is not recommended for swimming at Coral Baja, but what about just wading into water, whats ur thoughts, as I wouldnt mind when we go in June/July to take romantic walks(without our teens) with wife while walking knee deep or in water?? Yea or nay?

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr 2004 6:10 pm   

marinehawk wrote:
I know it is not recommended for swimming at Coral Baja, but what about just wading into water, whats ur thoughts, as I wouldnt mind when we go in June/July to take romantic walks(without our teens) with wife while walking knee deep or in water?? Yea or nay?

Hi Dave, Image
the sea water right in front of the resort has a strong undertow. It's hard to explain until you see it for yourself. Wading on the edge might not hurt, but once in a while there are some big waves, and you have to run up-hill to avoid the waves, it's pretty steep, ablbeit only a few feet. It is a nice stroll, even without wading.
Not far from there, there are beaches that are safe. I'll ask this on the "ask cabobill" thread and see what he says.
Good to have you here!

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr 2004 8:45 pm   

Nena pretty much summed it up; the surf in front of the resort is DANGEROUS! A combination of conditions exist that make it unwise to even turn your back on the surf if you're within 30 feet of the water's edge. The steep slope creates a rapid flow-back that erodes the sand from beneath your feet that can cause you to lose your balance. Along with that, the swells break in rapid succession, so if you're knocked down the next wave will knock you down again before you can recover. Pretty soon I plan to post photos of that surf I took while there in March; pretty gnarly stuff!

PostPosted: Thu 27 May 2004 8:34 am   

Bump

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.