Register
It is currently Fri 24 Nov 2017 2:10 pm

Long Beach unit Layout per floor

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 PostPosted: Fri 16 Oct 2009 7:24 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Tue 22 Jun 2004 7:42 am
Posts: 4825
Location: Vancouver, WA
Almost one year later, from my last post in this thread.

I love Long Beach. The staff are fantastic. The location is great!

The units are very expensive to book. 13,500 for a 2 bedroom makes me choke. 15,500 for a 3 bedroom is crazy.

Be as it may....I 'work' out of Long Beach a lot so have to spend a fair amount of time there.

I was invited to an 'Update' during my last stay. I had the opportunity to explain the RUV to the Sales Manager, Mark. And asked him if it sunk in what the impact to owners is and the overuse of 10,000 credit units vs 13,500, and how it depreciates our 'buying/booking power' (meant to use a strikethru but don't see one).

WYN Sales needs to increase the cost of new credit sales and NOT the credits assigned to the units!
For 15 years TW keep the credits consistant, and raised the price per credit.

Any way......

Does anyone know the actual WM unit count? And the Sales unit count for the Long Beach resort?

Besides the two confirmed oceanfront sales units on the 3rd floor....I know for a fact there are other units in the resort that are NOT showing up in our reservation screen. 1304 is one for sure, and another one is a 1 bedroom HIP #1326. (the discrepency with this is that we see ONE 3 BD SN and there are two, and we see ONE 1 BD SN and there are two). This is NOT to be confused with the ONE 3 bedroom regular unit #1204.
I have talked to Katrina in Owner Services, and she called me a week later, after researching, to tell me they belonged to Sales. Even after I explained to her that I was given those units at checkin, which I booked with credits. During my owner update at the resort, I asked the Sales Manager, Mark, and he said they are NOT his units. He also said he is giving the 2 bedroom OF #1303 back to us in exchange for a 1 Br # 1108 to use for sales.

Long story...sorry.
And all because I had a simple question.....I see three 3 BD at the resort, but only two online to book. Hmmmmmmmm......
How are people getting to stay in all 3.....when OS says only 2 are bookable? Saw all 3 occupied this last weekend.

Yes, I'm on a waitlist for a 3 bedroom if it ever lands in inventory. #-o

_________________
"We're All About Serious Kites"
www.thekiteshoppe.com
www.wmowners.com


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Fri 16 Oct 2009 9:07 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Sat 06 Mar 2004 3:28 pm
Posts: 18072
Location: Puget Sound
Theresa wrote:
Almost one year later, from my last post in this thread.

I love Long Beach. The staff are fantastic. The location is great!

The units are very expensive to book. 13,500 for a 2 bedroom makes me choke. 15,500 for a 3 bedroom is crazy.

Be as it may....I 'work' out of Long Beach a lot so have to spend a fair amount of time there.

I was invited to an 'Update' during my last stay. I had the opportunity to explain the RUV to the Sales Manager, Mark. And asked him if it sunk in what the impact to owners is and the overuse of 10,000 credit units vs 13,500, and how it depreciates our 'buying/booking power' (meant to use a strikethru but don't see one).

WYN Sales needs to increase the cost of new credit sales and NOT the credits assigned to the units!
For 15 years TW keep the credits consistant, and raised the price per credit.

Any way......

Does anyone know the actual WM unit count? And the Sales unit count for the Long Beach resort?

Besides the two confirmed oceanfront sales units on the 3rd floor....I know for a fact there are other units in the resort that are NOT showing up in our reservation screen. 1304 is one for sure, and another one is a 1 bedroom HIP #1326. (the discrepency with this is that we see ONE 3 BD SN and there are two, and we see ONE 1 BD SN and there are two). This is NOT to be confused with the ONE 3 bedroom regular unit #1204.
I have talked to Katrina in Owner Services, and she called me a week later, after researching, to tell me they belonged to Sales. Even after I explained to her that I was given those units at checkin, which I booked with credits. During my owner update at the resort, I asked the Sales Manager, Mark, and he said they are NOT his units. He also said he is giving the 2 bedroom OF #1303 back to us in exchange for a 1 Br # 1108 to use for sales.

Long story...sorry.
And all because I had a simple question.....I see three 3 BD at the resort, but only two online to book. Hmmmmmmmm......
How are people getting to stay in all 3.....when OS says only 2 are bookable? Saw all 3 occupied this last weekend.

Yes, I'm on a waitlist for a 3 bedroom if it ever lands in inventory. #-o


According to the "Unit Breakdown" in the Owner Education Handbook, there are a property total of 98 units - Sales has 2, and WM has 96. And it lists 3 3BRs.

_________________
* Donate to WMO HERE
* Have YOU assigned YOUR 3-year Proxy to WM Owners, Inc. yet? By Owners, For Owners!
* The WM Board Votes Owner Proxies for Wyndham People, NOT According to Owner Votes (see 2013 Election, Prior Years)
Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Fri 16 Oct 2009 9:21 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Sat 06 Mar 2004 3:28 pm
Posts: 18072
Location: Puget Sound
P.S. Both our Resort Page (with info from the California DRE)

http://www.wmowners.com/worldmark/resorts/info/LBWA

and the "Unit Breakdown" list the following:

3 Studio, 28 1-bdrm, 59 2-bdrm, 3 3-bdrm units, and 3 3-bdrm presidential,

for the WM total of 96.

_________________
* Donate to WMO HERE
* Have YOU assigned YOUR 3-year Proxy to WM Owners, Inc. yet? By Owners, For Owners!
* The WM Board Votes Owner Proxies for Wyndham People, NOT According to Owner Votes (see 2013 Election, Prior Years)
Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Fri 16 Oct 2009 9:30 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Sun 19 Nov 2006 10:00 am
Posts: 117
Location: Oregon
We stayed in the Long Beach Presidential Suite SN on BT #1401 last weekend. The unit was awesome with its dual master Bdrms. The $620 price tag for two nights was a bit hard to swallow, but we were doing a one time try to see how the other side lives. Anyway, it was the grand opening for the sales team that weekend, so a lot of buzzzz going on in the lobby. As I was sitting in the Hot Tub on both Sat & Sunday mornings, I saw several different people coming on to the deck of the pres suite next door, so I figured they were showing that unit in their presentations. I think they may have been showing the other one on the opposite wing from where I was because it looked like different folks were always coming out on the deck over there too. I sure hope Wyndham paid as much as I did. We enjoyed the Cranberry Festival on Saturday and the kite flying on Sunday

An added note, this week I had a salesman call me and state the price of credits had gone up to $2.25, but I could buy credits at the rolled back price of $1.28 if I bought a block of 21,000. I turned him down.

_________________
We live today to book tomorrows vacation!
R & S

WM-Coral Baja, LaPaloma, Kihei, Sundance, Victoria, Cascade Lodge, West Yellowstone, Arrow Point, Long Beach, Discovery Bay, Mariner Village, Seaside, Depoe Bay, Gleneden Beach, Las Vegas Blvd, Birch Bay, Eagle Crest, Schooner Landing, Running "Y", South Shore Tahoe, Surfside, Angels Camp, Pine Top, Rancho Vistoso, Windsor
II-The Point at Poipu, HI; Flag Ship AC,NJ; Villa Del Palmar PV, MX; McCall ID


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat 17 Oct 2009 12:32 am   
User avatar

Joined: Thu 14 Apr 2005 7:10 pm
Posts: 16187
Location: Southern California
According to both CA and WA DREs, WorldMark, not Wyndham, owns 3 3-bdrm units and 3 presidential units. Wyndham should not be using any of those to sell credits unless those units are really, truly vacant.

I also notice that a single 3-bdrm and a single 3-bdrm SN show in on-line booking. I think I'll report that to the CA DRE on Monday.

_________________
Lynn

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat 17 Oct 2009 11:35 am   

Joined: Sat 13 Nov 2004 9:00 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Bellevue
We have asked this elsewhere but since we received no follow up we will ask again here.

When we made a reservation online for 2 days in January, the reservation memo form provided a notification that most units will not have a ocean view from May, 2009 to May, 2012.

Since we have been to that resort over 3 times, we thought we only risked getting a non-ocean view unit on the south side and maybe some ground units. But since the notification was so exact in the dates of no
ocean view, we have to ask. We called the resort and person who answered was clueless as to why the views were non-existent and did not realize the online reservations were posting that notification.

Any ideas?

(Yes, we consider a ocean view as walking out on the lania or patio and looking west).


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat 17 Oct 2009 11:50 am   
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07 Dec 2003 8:55 pm
Posts: 41465
Location: Eugene OR
chambelman wrote:
We have asked this elsewhere but since we received no follow up we will ask again here.

When we made a reservation online for 2 days in January, the reservation memo form provided a notification that most units will not have a ocean view from May, 2009 to May, 2012.

Since we have been to that resort over 3 times, we thought we only risked getting a non-ocean view unit on the south side and maybe some ground units. But since the notification was so exact in the dates of no
ocean view, we have to ask. We called the resort and person who answered was clueless as to why the views were non-existent and did not realize the online reservations were posting that notification.

Any ideas?

(Yes, we consider a ocean view as walking out on the lania or patio and looking west).
And where is the reservation? I either read it too fast or it isn't here.
I see it's an ocean view potentially, but the answer would depend on which resort. :wave: Just a bit more info.
BTW that is a LONG time!

_________________
ASSIGN YOUR PROXIES TO WM Owners. Inc. Anytime

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat 17 Oct 2009 11:50 am   
User avatar

Joined: Tue 22 Jun 2004 7:42 am
Posts: 4825
Location: Vancouver, WA
lconnors wrote:

I also notice that a single 3-bdrm and a single 3-bdrm SN show in on-line booking. I think I'll report that to the CA DRE on Monday.


and only One 1 bedroon SN shows on line. I know for a fact there are 2.
One is #1111 1 bedroom SN, shows online.....the other is #1326 1 bedroom HIP, does NOT show online.

_________________
"We're All About Serious Kites"
www.thekiteshoppe.com
www.wmowners.com


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat 17 Oct 2009 11:54 am   
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07 Dec 2003 8:55 pm
Posts: 41465
Location: Eugene OR
Theresa wrote:
and only One 1 bedroon SN shows on line. I know for a fact there are 2.
One is #1111 1 bedroom SN, shows online.....the other is #1326 1 bedroom HIP, does NOT show online.
Hi T, you are the best resource for there so far! This is going to be helpful as we've been discussing this precise issue the past few days......how many does Wyn take out and what is the compensation....thanks! See you very soon!
I've been working out in the rain today. Yesterday I got a lot done but nearly killed me. Worked this morning too...now my right leg is getting shooting pains.....uh oh...time for ice! It's almost party time and I gotta get around!!! \:D/

_________________
ASSIGN YOUR PROXIES TO WM Owners. Inc. Anytime

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat 17 Oct 2009 11:56 am   
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07 Dec 2003 8:55 pm
Posts: 41465
Location: Eugene OR
N wrote:
And where is the reservation? I either read it too fast or it isn't here.
I see it's an ocean view potentially, but the answer would depend on which resort. :wave: Just a bit more info.
BTW that is a LONG time!
I found the other one, Longview right? I have no clue and haven't heard that before. Lets check with Theresa.
Regarding other views, you would probably have a deck that has a view-similar to Seaside if you've been there before.
Wonder what they are doing for that long!

_________________
ASSIGN YOUR PROXIES TO WM Owners. Inc. Anytime

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat 17 Oct 2009 11:58 am   
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07 Dec 2003 8:55 pm
Posts: 41465
Location: Eugene OR
Chambelman wrote:
When we made a reservation online for 2 days in January, the reservation memo form provided a notification that most units will not have a ocean view from May, 2009 to May, 2012.



T, do you have nay idea why the resort will not have front units on line from May 2009-2012? See Chambelman's post above.


http://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic ... 407#235407

_________________
ASSIGN YOUR PROXIES TO WM Owners. Inc. Anytime

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x11, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x21, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x3, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Bass Lake, LasVegas, St George, Midway, West Yellowstone, McCall, Inn at 7th Heaven Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda, UpComing 2015 Depoe Bay ;)
I have stayed at almost 40 resorts since I became a WMtC owner in 2000. I have many beautiful memories with family and friends. My account was 12,000 until 4 yrs ago. Now I only have 5k so vacations are fewer & farther apart.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat 17 Oct 2009 2:12 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Sat 06 Mar 2004 3:28 pm
Posts: 18072
Location: Puget Sound
chambelman wrote:
We have asked this elsewhere but since we received no follow up we will ask again here.

When we made a reservation online for 2 days in January, the reservation memo form provided a notification that most units will not have a ocean view from May, 2009 to May, 2012.

Since we have been to that resort over 3 times, we thought we only risked getting a non-ocean view unit on the south side and maybe some ground units. But since the notification was so exact in the dates of no
ocean view, we have to ask. We called the resort and person who answered was clueless as to why the views were non-existent and did not realize the online reservations were posting that notification.

Any ideas?

(Yes, we consider a ocean view as walking out on the lania or patio and looking west).


I believe I answered your question here the day after you asked:

http://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23316

_________________
* Donate to WMO HERE
* Have YOU assigned YOUR 3-year Proxy to WM Owners, Inc. yet? By Owners, For Owners!
* The WM Board Votes Owner Proxies for Wyndham People, NOT According to Owner Votes (see 2013 Election, Prior Years)
Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat 17 Oct 2009 5:27 pm   
User avatar

Joined: Thu 14 Apr 2005 7:10 pm
Posts: 16187
Location: Southern California
Theresa wrote:
and only One 1 bedroon SN shows on line. I know for a fact there are 2.
One is #1111 1 bedroom SN, shows online.....the other is #1326 1 bedroom HIP, does NOT show online.
WorldMark owns both of those units.

_________________
Lynn

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat 17 Oct 2009 10:03 pm   

Joined: Sat 13 Nov 2004 9:00 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Bellevue
LLW wrote:
I believe I answered your question here the day after you asked:

http://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23316


For some reason I did not see that response a couple of days later.

Thank you very much for the extremely thorough and reasonable reply.

I had not see that explanation for any other resorts and have not been that active making reservations lately to notice other warning comments.

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun 18 Oct 2009 12:02 am   
User avatar

Joined: Sat 06 Mar 2004 3:28 pm
Posts: 18072
Location: Puget Sound
chambelman wrote:
For some reason I did not see that response a couple of days later.

Thank you very much for the extremely thorough and reasonable reply.

I had not see that explanation for any other resorts and have not been that active making reservations lately to notice other warning comments.

Thanks!


You are welcome. :)

_________________
* Donate to WMO HERE
* Have YOU assigned YOUR 3-year Proxy to WM Owners, Inc. yet? By Owners, For Owners!
* The WM Board Votes Owner Proxies for Wyndham People, NOT According to Owner Votes (see 2013 Election, Prior Years)
Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Style originally created by Volize © 2003 • Redesigned SkyLine by MartectX © 2008 - 2010