Register
It is currently Wed 18 Oct 2017 2:34 pm

Looking for MORE Resort Info? Check this out!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri 14 Nov 2014 10:15 am   

LLW wrote:
Thanks Sue!!

What's the difference between the penthouse and the Presidential, besides the view? The Presidential is more expensive and has fewer bedrooms. As I remember, before renovation, the Ph building was darker because of the trees, and the space was smaller. Did they make much change?

I just had a very quick tour of the Pres; they were still working on things with somebody checking in that afternoon and wanted us in and out very quickly. However, my impression was to prefer the PH. The Pres has more windows along the deck so there should be more light, but I don't remember that much of a difference. The PH is larger with a dedicated dining room with seating for 6 + a nice sitting area in the corner vs the Pres with the smaller table by the window. The Pres has a small stall shower in the master and the large soaking tub. The PH has a large and very nice shower in the master and a nice deep regular tub in the second bathroom. We did not see the second bathroom in the Pres; in fact after we came out we wondered if there was one but the staff assured us it was there. It must be pretty small. The Pres would get the advantage for those who have difficulty with stairs; there aren't there vs the PH has stairs up to the master.

I also asked why the studios cost more than the 1 BR and the answer was view, big shower and higher end finishes. I walked around to check out the view and don't think the view is that much better. There are more studios than anything else. There are 2 with a great view, most with a similar view to the 1 BR and a couple with a worse view with the trees blocking. For me, the studios aren't worth the extra. However, I did speak to an owner who liked them. He and his wife were in a 1BR and the third member of their party was in a studio and he liked the lack of walls.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Sun 22 Mar 2015 9:23 am   

There's a new Kona review now available (thanks Claire). http://www.wmowners.com/worldmark/resorts/info/KONA
If you are at a resort for spring break, please take a few minutes to write a review and post photos. Most of the reviews are several years old so we could use the updates.

The process for submitting the reviews can be a little convoluted. The resort page is separate from the forum and, as a result, requires a separate registration and login from the forum. You can use the same login info, but you just have to register twice. Once you've done that, you're set.

Here are directions:
To submit a review:
1. Go to: http://www.wmowners.com/worldmark/resorts/list/WM
Select the resort from the list.
(Note: navigating to this page from the www.wmowners.com front page is a little convoluted. Start by clicking on Details in the black box. This takes you to a page titled “Resort Reviews”. Click on the underlined Worldmark Resorts in the body of the first sentence.)

From the review page for the desired resort, click on Submit Review.
You will then need to sign in. If you haven’t used this page before, you will have to register again, but can use the same login info as the forum.
The next page is a place holder: Click on “click here” to go to the review submission form for your resort. This page says “You have been successfully logged in. Please click here and you will be taken to the page where you left off.
Proceed with your review.

Thanks
Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM:II (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club, Sunchaser Riverside, Suites at Fisherman's Wharf,Mountainside Fairmont Hot Springs. Getaways/AC: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver, Eagle Crest, Sedona Summit.
RCI:Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor, Stoneridge (Sunriver), San Luis Bay Inn, GEVC at Lighthouse Point.

PostPosted: Mon 21 Sep 2015 6:40 am   

Hello, I really get a tremendous amount of value out of the resort info page. I love the detail including square footage of each suite type at each resort, and I try to upload relevant pictures after each stay I complete.

Can you tell me if this page is getting maintained?
I do not see some of the newly added resorts there and am really hoping that this information continues.

Much appreciation for all of the work put into that page!

Thank you!

Kerry

PostPosted: Tue 22 Sep 2015 12:26 pm   

Can anyone else access the resort reviews from the link. It is not working for me. I have tried to use various work arounds but still cannot get there.

WM Visits: Bear Lake, Wolf Creek 15, Oceanside 5, Discovery Bay, Las Vegas 6, Lake of the Ozarks, Orlando, FF Pompano Beach, St. George 9, Corla Baja, Kihei, McCall, Midway, Estes Park, Depoe Bay, Bass Lake, West Yellowstone, Sundance

Exchanges: Sol Mar (Cabo) Marriott Mountainside (Park City) Oyster Bay Beach Restort (St. Martin) Lawai Beach Resort (Kauai). Marriott Maui Beach Club (Maui), Ptarmagin (Whitefish, MT) Kona Coast Resort (Big Island), Royal Sands (Cancun), Marriott Grande Vista (Orlando), Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Harbor Ridge (Maine), Paniola Greens (Hawaii), Marriott Canyon Villas at Deseret Ridge (Phoenix), Four Seasons Aviara

PostPosted: Tue 22 Sep 2015 6:10 pm   

beacgnin5 wrote:
Can anyone else access the resort reviews from the link. It is not working for me. I have tried to use various work arounds but still cannot get there.

I just tried and can't get there either. It was working a week or so ago. I went to "website" and then clicked on "details" and then "Worldmark Resorts" and it returns you to the main page. I also tried to go through "owner review" "photos" and by clicking on a picture. I guess the link is broken. Maybe after the elections one of the volunteers can fix it. I know they are very busy right now. I wish I could help but wouldn't even know how. :(

WM VISITED: Indio (14x), Big Bear (3x), Solvang (3x), Orlando, Anaheim (5x), Depoe Bay (2x), Angels Camp (4x), Running Y, Las Vegas Blvd (3x), Dolphins Cove (3x), SD Mission Valley, Oceanside, Marina Dunes, Seaside, Queen Mary, Clear Lake, St. George (2x), Wolf Creek (2x), Bass Lake, and Yellowstone.
WM PENDING: Angles Camp, Clear Lake, Depoe Bay, Seaside, and Running Y
WYN: National Harbor DC
RCI: Royal Decameron Salinitas, El Salvador
II RESORTS: Amatique Bay Resort, Guatemala OTHER: July 2009 Seattle and Alaska, July 2010 Central America road trip (Guatemala City, Tikal, Antigua Guatemala) and, 2011 US coast to coast in a sleeper semi California to Georgia & California to Rhode Island.

PostPosted: Sat 26 Sep 2015 8:36 pm   

beacgnin5 wrote:

I just tried to get in there to get info about a resort we'll be visiting in a couple months, and could not get in either. Anywhere I click only takes me back to the main page. I hope they get it fixed soon.

PostPosted: Sat 31 Oct 2015 10:04 am   

This is still broken. You cannot view the Resort Page, owners' reviews or resort photos from the links on the home page. I wanted to see the differences between the San Diego resorts. Can an admin please fix this. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat 31 Oct 2015 4:04 pm   

linnysue wrote:
This is still broken. You cannot view the Resort Page, owners' reviews or resort photos from the links on the home page. I wanted to see the differences between the San Diego resorts. Can an admin please fix this. Thanks.

The problem started when we switched to a new software version. It is on the to do list and they are looking for volunteers for it - it's both money and labor. I understand it's a big job. Any info on the resorts on the Club official forum, or TUG?

Owner since 2002. Have Visited 31 Worldmark, & 31 Exchanged Resorts - we love our Worldmark!

PostPosted: Sun 20 Nov 2016 4:28 pm   

Hello fellow Worldmark Owners,
We unfortunately are not going to be able to go down to Rosarito Mexico for the week of Thanksgiving. We just opened up that week, and I wanted to let other owners know that it is now available. I know that it had been all booked up, so I thought it would be good to try to get the word out if anyone else was looking to use that resort.

We absolutely love that resort and are bummed that we will not be able to enjoy it this year. It is a great place, great food all around, easy to get to, and a perfect beach and place to rest and relax. Bring your Tennis rackets if you want to play some tennis. The courts are in excellent conditions!

Hope this post finds someone who is looking to go to Rosarito Mexico for the week of Thanksgiving.

Blessings,
Anthony

PostPosted: Wed 28 Dec 2016 12:20 am   

LLW wrote:
linnysue wrote:

The problem started when we switched to a new software version. It is on the to do list and they are looking for volunteers for it - it's both money and labor. I understand it's a big job. Any info on the resorts on the Club official forum, or TUG?

Hmmm... Any update on this? It's been over a year since this last inquiry by linnysue. I've been checking occasionally, but it's still not working. Will it ever?!

Past visits: Windsor (1), Angels Camp (2), Clear Lake (1), Canadian (2), Victoria (1), Solvang (2), Bass Lake (2), II-NCV (2), II-DSS (1), II-ROI (1), II-WLR (1), II-TAJ (1), II-HBC (1), II-MGC (1)

Upcoming: Kihei, Kona

PostPosted: Wed 28 Dec 2016 10:10 am   

mfan wrote:
LLW wrote:
linnysue wrote:

Hmmm... Any update on this? It's been over a year since this last inquiry by linnysue. I've been checking occasionally, but it's still not working. Will it ever?!

WM Owners has the mechanism in place for a totally new resorts review section. It is a matter of finding a volunteer (or two) willing to get it up and running.

In the new model we are using for resort reviews, we anticipate having the look and feel of yelp.com or tripadvisor.com except that the subject matter will be focused on WorldMark resorts. We anticipate that users could post resort reviews, pictures, and comments subject to review by our Mod Squad for foul language, etc.

Of course there are lots of resort reviews on TUG, but not everyone wants to pay to join TUG...everything here is funded entirely by donations with no advertising. As a consequence, some things do not get accomplished as quickly we would like. The resorts review project is just one example.