Register
It is currently Fri 15 Dec 2017 5:56 pm

What's in the Kitchen?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jul 2011 12:17 pm   

The Hilton Kings Land had a rice maker! That was nice!

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug 2011 8:32 am   

Okay, I think I've seen a potato peeler in some of the WM kitchens, but not all. Is that standard issue? If one is not in the kitchen, should I be able to get one from the front desk?

I do not think a grater is standard issue. But, I could be wrong.

My niece asked for certain things in the kitchen so she can fix the family a chicken curry dish this weekend at Grand Lake. Just need to make sure she has all the tools she needs.

Two other things she asked for are a large pot and a deep pan. I think I will have to bring the deep pan for frying chicken. But, there's a Dutch Oven in the set of pots and pans, isn't there?

WM visits: San Diego Mission Valley x14, San Diego Downtown x2, San Diego Inn at the Park (upcoming Winter '16/'17), Oceanside Harbor x2, Anaheim x3, Branson (upcoming Fall '16), Big Bear x1, Bass Lake x1, Bison Ranch x2, Santa Fe x1 (maybe 2nd time Summer '18), Grand Lake x9, New Orleans x2, Windsor Cascade Lodge BC (upcoming Spring '17)

RCI Exchgs: Santa Fe x1 (maybe 2nd time Summer '18), France x1, San Diego Gaslamp Dist x1

II Exchgs: Ireland x2, Scotland x1

Non-exchg foreign trvl: Italy x1, England x2, Wales x1, Mex x can't count, Vancouver BC Canada x1

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug 2011 9:18 am   

I do not remember a potato peeler or dutch oven. I have seen the flat graters. At Indio, I was able to get a deep pot from housekeeping, which was the only one at the resort. Perhaps you might want to call ahead and ask.

pfilipelli wrote:
Okay, I think I've seen a potato peeler in some of the WM kitchens, but not all. Is that standard issue? If one is not in the kitchen, should I be able to get one from the front desk?

My niece asked for certain things in the kitchen so she can fix the family a chicken curry dish this weekend at Grand Lake. Just need to make sure she has all the tools she needs.

Two other things she asked for are a large pot and a deep pan. I think I will have to bring the deep pan for frying chicken. But, there's a Dutch Oven in the set of pots and pans, isn't there?

Resorts Visited: Anaheim (3), Angels Camp (2), Big Bear, Clear Lake, Coral Baja, Dolphins Cove, Indio, Las Vegas Blvd, Leavenworth, Marina Dunes, Park City Miners Club (2), Phoenix South Mountain Preserve, Pismo Beach, Rancho Vistoso, Reno (2), Seattle-Camlin (2), SD Mission Valley, San Diego, SouthShore(12), Solvang, Windsor(11), Wolf Creek (2) II: FSA (2), Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, Hyatt High Sierra(2), Hyatt Highlands Inn, Paradise Village, Marriott Grande Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Grand Residence, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Newport Coast Villas(3), Marriott Summit Watch, Marriott Timber Lodge(17), Monarch Cabo Azul(2), Red Wolf Lodge, Ridge Tahoe(5), Ridge Sierra, Welks Northstar Lodge(6) RCI: Disney Grand Californian, Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Grand Mayan Cabo, Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, Hilton King's Land, Playa Grande, Sheraton Hacienda del Mar

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug 2011 10:17 am   

atom wrote:
I do not remember a potato peeler or dutch oven. I have seen the flat graters. At Indio, I was able to get a deep pot from housekeeping, which was the only one at the resort. Perhaps you might want to call ahead and ask.

I saw a pic of a stock pot at the beginning of this thread. That should do for the deep pot.

There have been potato peelers and graters in WMs where I've stayed. But to be safe, I'll bring my own. They are not so big as to be a burden.

Just have to remember to take them home when I go. Have left rubber spatulas and dish brushes at many WMs. That may be how those units acquired potato peelers and graters in the first place--someone else left their kitchen stuff behind! 8-[

WM visits: San Diego Mission Valley x14, San Diego Downtown x2, San Diego Inn at the Park (upcoming Winter '16/'17), Oceanside Harbor x2, Anaheim x3, Branson (upcoming Fall '16), Big Bear x1, Bass Lake x1, Bison Ranch x2, Santa Fe x1 (maybe 2nd time Summer '18), Grand Lake x9, New Orleans x2, Windsor Cascade Lodge BC (upcoming Spring '17)

RCI Exchgs: Santa Fe x1 (maybe 2nd time Summer '18), France x1, San Diego Gaslamp Dist x1

Non-exchg foreign trvl: Italy x1, England x2, Wales x1, Mex x can't count, Vancouver BC Canada x1

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug 2011 11:19 am   

pfilipelli wrote:

There should be a potato peeler in the drawer, but it is one of those metal ones.... doesn't work well, so we always take our own.

Some resorts have the deep pots, but mostly those on the Oregon/WA coast where folks go crabbing/clamming. There is one bigger saucepan, but depends what she needs it for. There should be a grater.

Housekeeping in most locations have a few extra pots/pans, etc. For everyone's information, when we were at Birch Bay a while back, we noticed a list of all items that should be in the unit. This list was placed in the cupboard. Never seen that at any other resort, but maybe it is now mandatory to have a check-list for owners. Most other timeshares we have stayed at have one.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep 2011 1:35 pm   

herindoors wrote:
There should be a potato peeler in the drawer, but it is one of those metal ones.... doesn't work well, so we always take our own.

Some resorts have the deep pots, but mostly those on the Oregon/WA coast where folks go crabbing/clamming. There is one bigger saucepan, but depends what she needs it for. There should be a grater.

Housekeeping in most locations have a few extra pots/pans, etc. For everyone's information, when we were at Birch Bay a while back, we noticed a list of all items that should be in the unit. This list was placed in the cupboard. Never seen that at any other resort, but maybe it is now mandatory to have a check-list for owners. Most other timeshares we have stayed at have one.

Oh that potato peeler in the drawer at Grand Lake wouldn't peel a carrot or anything else. Dull dull dull. Glad I took my own. Odd thing, it looked JUST LIKE MINE minus the rust (mine is very old).

There was also a grater in the drawer. I brought my stand up kind. The WM one is paddle-shaped.

I brought a stock pot and we also used the big pot in the unit. All was good.

My niece made the BEST chicken curry dish at WM Grand Lake over the Labor Day weekend. She gave me a link to a video showing how to make it. I guess I'll have to post the recipe and the link to the "how to" video on "recipes thread" soon.

Side note: Niece wanted to use a rice cooker. Some WM resorts have them, apparently. But, not Grand Lake. I had to show her how to cook rice the old fashioned way--in a saucepan! :lol: