Dave Herrick181,34775,528105,81997,674008,245
Glen Molyneaux00076775,520105,76797,670008,767
David Moody011,04275,520011,04297,674011,042
Dr. Rosemarie Rohatgi005,56275,520005,56297,670005,562
Don Simon004,13175,520004,13197,676004,131
Dr. William Stokes004,25475,520004,25497,670004,254
Marci Tribe045,37575,520045,37518,537045,375
Friedbert Wall004,53175,520004,53197,670004,531

As you can see, Marci was the clear winner here, but again is thwarted from actually being placed on the BoD. Prior to 2006, ALL BoD proxies had been evenly split among all candidates by the percentage of the owner vote and the developer did not vote their unsold credits. Heck, even Cliff Connors and David Moody, unknowns, got more votes from owners than either Herrick or Henley! Good thing for Wyndham that they had those votes or there would be two new directors: Marci Tribe and Cliff Connors, with David Moody just 9 votes behind Cliff!!!!! The WM BoD would have had to elect a new president and secretary with both Herrick and Henley out.

In this election, with the developer-controlled BoD voting the proxies and the developer vote, Wyndham controlled a massive 78.66% of the all votes cast.

You can review the minutes that I've attached to see how the proxies were decided. I wonder, does anybody but me think it's a total SHAM that Herrick actually made the motion that HE receive 50% of the proxies?

Attachments:
Minutes 10-14-10.pdf [306.46 KiB]
Downloaded 153 times

Do NOT assign your proxy to the BoD. Assign your proxy to WMOwners, Inc.

STOP Increased Credit Requirements and Credit Dilution
 PostPosted: Tue 30 Nov 2010 10:05 pm   

At the end of that document it says that the total responsibility of appointing rest solely on the board, why even have the "dog and pony show of having the vote" then. Spare the owners the expense of going through the motion a having a sham (for lack of better word) voting show.

Is this as crooked as it gets?

PostPosted: Wed 01 Dec 2010 8:58 am   

I find it interesting that John Henley seconded the motion to distribute the proxies evenly, but then voted against it.

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Wed 01 Dec 2010 2:18 pm   

We are begining to see some cracks in the uninimity of the board. When did you ever hear of so many split votes? Wyndham still has a majority so they got what they wanted, but never has there been spliting of the votes like this. It seems to me that John Henley is trying to some extent to be more independant. It is also clear that Bob Morrison is fighting the good fight for independant Directors. It is also clear to me that Gary Byrd became an owner just so he could sit on the board. I think I read that he has been an owner for less than a year. It will be interesting to see how the board votes its proxies next year. I wonder if Bob will get any, or if they will find someone else they can manipulate and give them to him (or her). With the agreement to meet at least once with WMOWNERS I think that Wyndham is begining to see that more than a small percentage of owners do not like how things are going. Maybe things are not at bleak as I first thought.

Dave

Oh, and I think Herrick had to make the motion to get 50% of the proxies, because I don't think anyone else would have.

Also, it is obvious that they want as many candidates as possible to split the owner vote as much as possible.

Branson 2x, Steamboat Springs 4x, Estes Park 3x, Las Vegas 7x, LV Spencer St, Kihei 3x, Kapaa Shores 2x, Kona 2x, Seaside, Cascade Lodge 3x, Wyndham Pagosa 2x, The Camlin 3x, LOTO, Rancho Vistoso, San Diego, Tahoe III, McCall, Vancouver, Santa Fe, Can't wait to add another! :)

PostPosted: Wed 01 Dec 2010 5:31 pm   

lconnors wrote:
In this election, with the developer-controlled BoD voting the proxies and the developer vote, Wyndham controlled a massive 78.66% of the all votes cast.

You can review the minutes that I've attached to see how the proxies were decided. I wonder, does anybody but me think it's a total SHAM that Herrick actually made the motion that HE receive 50% of the proxies?
I would agree with you it was a total SHAM!!!

If I were Dave, or even John, I'd be fairly embarrassed that they had to have the developer split their votes to keep them on the board. :oops:
WM owners expressed their desire and it wasn't for them. They ignore the owners desires to further their own jobs and interests....no consideration for the owners they represent.
Unfortunately, this has been going on for a long time. It is "status quo"; we just got busy and exposed their arrogance. How embarrassing!!!!!
But I will bet they are NOT embarrassed.

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x9, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x20, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x2, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda UpComing 2014Discovery Bay, Depoe Bay ;)

PostPosted: Thu 02 Dec 2010 12:03 am   

Considering the fact that an employee lost my first reservation and 9000 credits with Non-owners or employee owners masquerading as a board made up of real owners. I am wondering if I've not made a huge mistake buying into this mess. It really looks like true owner interests don't matter at all to this corporation!!!

PostPosted: Thu 02 Dec 2010 6:17 am   

Location: Utah............................. Formerly known as 'scrappymt'
CSTAGNARO wrote:
At the end of that document it says that the total responsibility of appointing rest solely on the board, why even have the "dog and pony show of having the vote" then. Spare the owners the expense of going through the motion a having a sham (for lack of better word) voting show.

Is this as crooked as it gets?

Actually, it says that the responsibility for selecting CANDIDATES rests with the Board. APPOINTING can only be done by the Board when a vacancy on the Board comes up at other than the end of a normal term (allowing for replacement by election). Without dragging out my records, I can think of only two times that a vacancy came at the end of a normal term -- both times it was the sole "non-affiliated" board member choosing not to run for re-election. EVERY OTHER CHANGE IN THE BOARD over the past twenty-plus years has been a Developer-affiliated member resigning during his or her term and the Board unilaterally appointing a new Developer-affiliated member as replacement. That appointed member then runs for "re"election as an incumbent, despite never having been elected in the first place.

The most enlightening example of this is when Peggy Fry (VP of Owner Services) was appointed in May of 2005 to replace resigning CEO of Trendwest, Don Harrill. The September 2005 issue of Destinations listed Peggy Fry as an incumbent. Her "re"election was announced in the February 2006 Destinations. Her initial appointment was announced in the March 2006 Destinations.

Assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc!

PostPosted: Thu 02 Dec 2010 12:30 pm   

Marci wrote:
Actually, it says that the responsibility for selecting CANDIDATES rests with the Board.

Sorry my bad. Thanks for correcting me on that. Still why did they select Cecilia Quevas instead of you since you're the obvious winner had they not ](*,).

You would think that WYN will go with the obvious. For example our homewoners association, whoever has the highest vote from the pool of candidates will be selected for the next available seat. Unless again, there is ulterior motives involved.

PostPosted: Thu 02 Dec 2010 2:33 pm   

From reading the minutes it seems John Henley is much more receptive to a board not controlled by Wyndham. Was interesting to see how the other 3 Wyndham clones(clowns) voted in lockstep. Was hopeful to have meetings on a quarterly basis with WMOC in the future.

PostPosted: Fri 03 Dec 2010 8:21 am   

Now if just 6% of those that have assigned their proxies to help an independent owner get elected would make just a tiny $10 monthly contribution. Bet we could put someone over the top and get 'em elected? :whistle:

I'm just sayin' Christmas is coming and I've set an autopayment up to send a little gift every month for the next year. Small payment to protect my multi thousand dollar investment for my kids, and grandkids future in WM.

We all know it's easy to type our concerns, but let's work together and make a real change... time to stop the sham!

"A hard beginning maketh a good ending.”
John Heywood (English Playwright and Poet, 1497-1580)

here.
But also send a monthly BillPay contribution to:
WM Owners, Inc
PO Box 3184
Salem, OR 97302
...OR... Donate here

PostPosted: Fri 03 Dec 2010 9:05 am   

WM4Travel wrote:
Now if just 6% of those that have assigned their proxies to help an independent owner get elected would make just a tiny $10 monthly contribution. Bet we could put someone over the top and get 'em elected? :whistle:

I'm just sayin' Christmas is coming and I've set an autopayment up to send a little gift every month for the next year. Small payment to protect my multi thousand dollar investment for my kids, and grandkids future in WM.

We all know it's easy to type our concerns, but let's work together and make a real change... time to stop the sham!

=D> =D> =D>

Kappaa Shores, Gleneden x9, Surfside, Coral Baja x4, Seaside x25, Depoe Bay x20, Birch Bay x3, Camlin x8,(WM Owners meeting) Leavenworth, Victoria x2, Discovery Bay x2, Canadian, Angels Camp, Solvang, Pismo Beach, Kehei, Indio, Eagle Crest RV, Long Beach x2, Running Y, Schooners Landing, WM Victoria, Other: Disney Old Key West, SunRiver, Oahu, Kona, Embarcadero x3, Cape Kiwanda UpComing 2014Discovery Bay, Depoe Bay ;)

PostPosted: Fri 03 Dec 2010 10:21 am   

WM4Travel wrote:

Great idea worth following up on! And you have done both! =D> :D Thanks WM4Travel and Fred! A $10 a month contribution can go a long way! Especially if done by many! 8)

This site runs on a shoestring budget, relies solely on volunteer contributions (in both time and money - often by the same people), and really needs you! [-o< Nobody gets paid here, but things do cost. [-o< A lot of things are not being done, just because of cost.

Let's support WMO in protecting our ownership in WorldMark the Club against Wyndham!!! O:) :wave:

Contribute $$ to WMO for Education, Advocacy, Communication, Community: Click Here

PostPosted: Fri 03 Dec 2010 4:07 pm   

I hope that by the fact that Dave Herrick got voted off the WM board will send him a strong message of just what people think of his puppet WM by WN board. 8) Now if those proxies can just be taken out of his person control.

Owner since 10/2003. I have visited Bear Lake, kihei, Midway, Reno, Seattle, San Francisco, Schooner Landing, South Shore Lake Tahoe, St George, Steamboat Springs, Victoria, West Yellowstone and Wolf Creek. RCI stay at Bluebeard's Castle St Thomas.

PostPosted: Fri 03 Dec 2010 4:09 pm   

worldmark fan wrote:
I hope that by the fact that Dave Herrick got voted off the WM board will send him a strong message of just what people think of his puppet WM by WN board. 8) Now if those proxies can just be taken out of his person control.

Did I miss something??

Fred

Duh.... A 6' Pooka!!!

Bass Lake, Angels Camp X lots, Clear Lake X lots, SF, Leavenworth, Coral Baja X2, Las Vegas X3, Spencer Street X2, Rosarito Beach, Indio X2, St George, Kehei, Marriott Maui, Hawaiian Princess Oahu, Polo Towers LV, Mayan Palace PV, Royal Carribean Cancun, Moon Palace Cancun, Coral Mar Cancun, Playa Del Sol PV, Royal Mayan Cancun, Royal Sands Cancun, Royal Haciendas Cancun plus more to come!! Oh yea INDIO X LOTS LOL!!

Check out my blog @ http://fredsfriendlyblogspot.blogspot.com/

Fred

PostPosted: Fri 03 Dec 2010 4:27 pm   

harvrbt wrote:
Did I miss something??

Fred

I mean he got voted off as in WM owners did not install him he used proxies to help install himself. I think this must be a blow to his ego. :mrgreen: Of course the developer votes helped him too.

As stated above in the talley I would love to have seen Marci and Cliff get what was rightfully theirs. :) IMO

Owner since 10/2003. I have visited Bear Lake, kihei, Midway, Reno, Seattle, San Francisco, Schooner Landing, South Shore Lake Tahoe, St George, Steamboat Springs, Victoria, West Yellowstone and Wolf Creek. RCI stay at Bluebeard's Castle St Thomas.