Register
It is currently Thu 19 Jan 2017 5:41 am

2016 Restated Bylaws Intro

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2016 9:32 am   

This is the third time around the race track for me with respect to WM voting and I am seeing a pattern.

First, Wyndham attempts bloc bylaws changes.

Second, WMO (and some on Facebook), offers only blanket "no votes." There is no discussion on which proposed changes are actually acceptable. I think Christine Horn did this lat year on FB, but that site is not great for archival purposes and change-specific discussions.

IMO, there should be a way to discuss the merits of specific changes, even if the current election only allows whole-cloth up/down votes. In the event the proposals get rejected, at least there will be some areas in which to engage Wyndham for future adoption, and get out of this all-or-none cycle.

As such, I will start threads specific to changes in the bylaws, so we can see how each stands on its individual merits.

Any way to get this and the associated bylaw specifics as "stickies" for the 2016 cycle?

Resorts visited:
WorldMark: Solvang, Lake Tahoe, Angels Camp, Running Y, Depoe Bay, Big Bear, Marina Dunes, Reno, Wolf Creek, West Yellowstone, Havasu Dunes, Santa Fe, Grand Lake, Steamboat Springs
Club Wyndham: Grand Desert, Angels Camp, Flagstaff, Old Town Alexandria, Governor's Green, Great Smokies Lodge, Smokey Mountains, Kingsgate
Other: Club Tahoe, Glacier Wilderness Resort, Vacation Village in the Berkshires, USS Constellation, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, Camp Lemonnier (Djibouti)

Last edited by uscav8r on Mon 05 Sep 2016 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2016 10:11 am   

After I laid out all of the various changes, it seems the only ones to recommend for rejection have to do with the Board Composition and associated details. It seems this topic is the "poison pill" that offsets any other good that may come from approving such changes.

Resorts visited:
WorldMark: Solvang, Lake Tahoe, Angels Camp, Running Y, Depoe Bay, Big Bear, Marina Dunes, Reno, Wolf Creek, West Yellowstone, Havasu Dunes, Santa Fe, Grand Lake, Steamboat Springs
Club Wyndham: Grand Desert, Angels Camp, Flagstaff, Old Town Alexandria, Governor's Green, Great Smokies Lodge, Smokey Mountains, Kingsgate
Other: Club Tahoe, Glacier Wilderness Resort, Vacation Village in the Berkshires, USS Constellation, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, Camp Lemonnier (Djibouti)

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2016 11:13 am   

uscav -

Thanks for the sectional analyses.

Unfortunately, we don't vote on individual sections - it is "all or none". It would be nice if the vote was by section, but that is not what the Board wants.

A lot of WMowner folks don't trust the Board. I'm voting no just because I think revising the bylaws should be discussed with input by the owners.

JMHO (well - maybe not so humble) :lol:

Purchased original resale points late in 2008. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Sedona Summit, Villas at Cave Creek, Newport Coast Villasx2, Shawnee River Village, Welk Resort Villas, Sheraton Desert Oasis, Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sunchaser Villas at Riverside, Willowbrook at Lake Harmony (for our son), Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdalex2, Westin Kierland Villas, Sedona Vacation Club at Los Abrigados, HVC at Flamingo (thanks Seth and Ann), Four Seasons Avariax3, The Ridge at Sedona, Palm Canyons, Marriott Canyon Villas

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2016 12:26 pm   

tquayle wrote:
uscav -

Thanks for the sectional analyses.

Unfortunately, we don't vote on individual sections - it is "all or none". It would be nice if the vote was by section, but that is not what the Board wants.

A lot of WMowner folks don't trust the Board. I'm voting no just because I think revising the bylaws should be discussed with input by the owners.

JMHO (well - maybe not so humble) :lol:

While we are stuck in this all-or-nothing rut, the partitioned analyses also act a strategic communication tool to Wyndham in the case that the current proposal package (hopefully) does not pass.

There are almost always areas in which to build collaboration, if not trust. My goal is to perhaps break the cycle of mistrust, but I do realize that Wyndham has its own vote in this matter.

Resorts visited:

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2016 12:42 pm   

you must have a wife :D

Purchased original resale points late in 2008. Added more in 2010. Added second account in 2014.

EXCHANGES - Sedona Summit, Villas at Cave Creek, Newport Coast Villasx2, Shawnee River Village, Welk Resort Villas, Sheraton Desert Oasis, Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sunchaser Villas at Riverside, Willowbrook at Lake Harmony (for our son), Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdalex2, Westin Kierland Villas, Sedona Vacation Club at Los Abrigados, HVC at Flamingo (thanks Seth and Ann), Four Seasons Avariax3, The Ridge at Sedona, Palm Canyons, Marriott Canyon Villas

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2016 3:06 pm   

tquayle wrote:
you must have a wife :D

I try to learn from the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resorts visited: