Register
It is currently Mon 22 Dec 2014 11:49 am

Wyndham Club Pass

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec 2013 7:26 pm   

I got some information on the Wyndham Club Pass, The booking window will start at 9 months. It is good for anybody with travelshare or 10 credits. $99 fee. you cancel at up to 15 days and get all credits and fees back, and cancel within 15 days you get lose it all.
Red season 3 night minimum reservation until 3 months out, all other 2 night minimum. The program starts in June with some perks for some members starting as early as March. No reservations can be made inside 14 days. I've seen the credit values and I don't think of them as excessive, but opinions differ on that. I do have a list of resorts we will have access to.

Birch Bay x2, Gleneden x7, Surfside Inn x11, Depoe Bay x13, Mariner Village x2, Discovery Bay x5, Seaside x26, Rancho Vistoso x3, San Francisco x3, Pismo Beach, Marina Dunes, Angels Camp, Orlando - Kingstown Reef x2, Daytona Beach - Ocean Walk, Seattle - The Camlin x5, St. George x5, Lake of the Ozarks, Branson, Las Vegas – Boulevard x3, Long Beach x2, Leavenworth, Trinity Links, Cairns, Sydney Suites, Victoria x2, Schooner Landing, Las Vegas - Spencer Street, New Braunfels, West Yellowstone, Runny Y, Eagle Crest x2, Phoenix, Deer Harbor

Exchange: Star Island resort, Nepean Country Club, Historic Powhatan resort

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec 2013 10:16 pm   

Did you see the rules for Club Wyndham owners exchanging into Worldmark

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec 2013 10:55 pm   

No I didn't ask, but I suspect they would be close. The window might be tied in in when you are able to book less than a week.

Birch Bay x2, Gleneden x7, Surfside Inn x11, Depoe Bay x13, Mariner Village x2, Discovery Bay x5, Seaside x26, Rancho Vistoso x3, San Francisco x3, Pismo Beach, Marina Dunes, Angels Camp, Orlando - Kingstown Reef x2, Daytona Beach - Ocean Walk, Seattle - The Camlin x5, St. George x5, Lake of the Ozarks, Branson, Las Vegas – Boulevard x3, Long Beach x2, Leavenworth, Trinity Links, Cairns, Sydney Suites, Victoria x2, Schooner Landing, Las Vegas - Spencer Street, New Braunfels, West Yellowstone, Runny Y, Eagle Crest x2, Phoenix, Deer Harbor

Exchange: Star Island resort, Nepean Country Club, Historic Powhatan resort

PostPosted: Sun 15 Dec 2013 6:49 am   

Hunter7 wrote:
I got some information on the wyndham club pass, The booking window will start at 9 months. It is good for anybody with travelshare or 10 credits. $99 fee. you cancel at up to 15 days and get all credits and fees back, and cancel within 15 days you get lose it all.
Red season 3 night minimum reservation until 3 months out, all other 2 night minimum. The program starts in June with some perks for some members starting as early as March. No reservations can be made inside 14 days. I've seen the credit values and I don't think of them as excessive, but opinions differ on that. I do have a list of resorts we will have access to.

It seems that Worldmark owners booking Wyndham units have to abide by the same "rules" that Wyndham owners have to follow when making reservations in the Wyndham system ie you can cancel up to 15 days before check in without penalty, and prime season reservations have to be 3, 4 or 7 days

I wonder if the reverse is true? Will Wyndham owners be subject to the Worldmark "rules", 30 day cancellations and will 1 or 2 day reservations be possible?

PostPosted: Sun 15 Dec 2013 8:36 pm   

Hunter,

I assume by travelshare and 10 credits you are talking about travelshare and WM+A credits.

Do mention you had a list of properties, do tell?

On the Wyndham side is their non arp booking window 9 months or 10 months?

Ian

Angels Camp, Big Bear, Birch Bay, Clear Lake, Depoe Bay, Discovery Bay, Estes Park, Indio, Kapaa Shores, Kihei, Kona, Oceanside, Palm Springs, San Francisco, Santa Fe, Schooner Landing, Seaside, Solvang, Steamboat Springs, Lake Tahoe, Tahoe Southshore, Taos, Valley Isle, Windsor

Exchanges: Lawaii Beach Resort, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Summit Watch, Hyatt Mountain Lodge

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2013 8:28 am   

PassionForTravel wrote:
Hunter,

I assume by travelshare and 10 credits you are talking about travelshare and WM+A credits.

Do mention you had a list of properties, do tell?

On the Wyndham side is their non arp booking window 9 months or 10 months?

Ian

Wyndham owners can ARP 13 months to 10 months ahead of check in at their home resort

Club Wyndham Access has over 50 home resorts. CWA owners can ARP at any of these

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2013 8:45 am   

So then based upon this thread it seems like Club Wyndham Pass will allow booking a month after Wyndham people without ARP can book Wyndham resorts.

Then I hope it works the same way in the other direction, that Wyndham people won't be able to book WM resorts until 1 month after WM people can book < a week.

Ian

Angels Camp, Big Bear, Birch Bay, Clear Lake, Depoe Bay, Discovery Bay, Estes Park, Indio, Kapaa Shores, Kihei, Kona, Oceanside, Palm Springs, San Francisco, Santa Fe, Schooner Landing, Seaside, Solvang, Steamboat Springs, Lake Tahoe, Tahoe Southshore, Taos, Valley Isle, Windsor

Exchanges: Lawaii Beach Resort, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Summit Watch, Hyatt Mountain Lodge

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2013 9:47 am   

Hunter7 wrote:
No I didn't ask, but I suspect they would be close. The window might be tied in in when you are able to book less than a week.

Wyndham owners can always book less than a week

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2013 9:52 am   

PassionForTravel wrote:
So then based upon this thread it seems like Club Wyndham Pass will allow booking a month after Wyndham people without ARP can book Wyndham resorts.

Then I hope it works the same way in the other direction, that Wyndham people won't be able to book WM resorts until 1 month after WM people can book < a week.

Ian

As I said in another post, Wyndham owners can always book less than a week. We dont have to wait 10 months for that. The 7 night requirement in the 13-9 month window is a Worldmark thing. and probably the reason the Club Pass doesnt open for exchanges until the 9 month mark

I think what it boils down to is Wyndham owners have first crack at Wyndham resorts for a while, and Worldmark owners have first crack at Worldmark resorts for the same time.

Then exchanges can begin

Its interesting to note that the comments from Worldmark owners is that somehow Wyndham people will have an advantage , and comments from Wyndham people are that Worldmark people will. I dont see it,

What i see is an exchange program..."tit for tat" "even stephen"

If excahnges were a problem we would have seen it before now, after all Worldmark resorts are already open to every other timeshare owner through RCI and II

Last edited by ronparise on Mon 16 Dec 2013 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2013 9:58 am   

Wyndham club pass is sold to only WM owners or to all the ownerships (Wyndham, Shell)? I don't think I am understanding it fully, yet.

My concern is that if all the Wyndham and Shell owners can book WM rooms at less than 9 months, it will be a lot more difficult for me to get inventory on short notice. I travel on shorter notice and I stay for less than a week. If everyone and their uncle can book WM rooms, that makes the overall membership less valuable to me.

ETA: I found this. https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/news/clubpassfaqs.pdf

It says everyone is automatically enrolled, but you can only use developer credits to book a reservation. It also says Shell isn't in the program. Shell keeps calling here, leaving messages that they have important and exciting changes coming to our membership. I wonder what it could be. :roll:

Last edited by Presley on Mon 16 Dec 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2013 10:10 am   

Presley wrote:
Wyndham club pass is sold to only WM owners or to all the ownerships (Wyndham, Shell)? I don't think I am understanding it fully, yet.

My concern is that if all the Wyndham and Shell owners can book WM rooms at less than 9 months, it will be a lot more difficult for me to get inventory on short notice. I travel on shorter notice and I stay for less than a week. If everyone and their uncle can book WM rooms, that makes the overall membership less valuable to me.

Its not something thats sold to anyone. It is a benefit that comes with developer purchased points(Wyndham) or credits(Worldmark) Shell isnt included yet.

I wouldnt worry. its an exchange program, for every Worldmark reservation taken by a Wyndham owner there will be a Wyndham one created for Worldmark owners.

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2013 11:58 am   

ronparise wrote:
Its not something thats sold to anyone. It is a benefit that comes with developer purchased points(Wyndham) or credits(Worldmark) Shell isnt included yet.

I wouldnt worry. its an exchange program, for every Worldmark reservation taken by a Wyndham owner there will be a Wyndham one created for Worldmark owners.

But only Club Pass members would have access to that reservation. The net result will be more competition/less availability for Worldmark members for reservations inside the 9 month window.

Because from a practical standpoint I think the concern is well-found. The mechanics of how the system will operate will be key.

While this is just creating another exchange system to owners use - which the BoD clearly has the authority to approve - currently trades with the other exchange systems rarely result in our high-demand resorts being used to settle those trades. Based on casual observation, they actually seem to settle with less desirable weeks. And I am not convinced that will be the case with this Exchange system.

FACT: We have two independent BoD members - Bob Morrison and Cecilia Cuevas. You can trust that they are independent BoD members, because WMOwners Inc. cast proxy votes for them in the 2011 election. Both of these owners do not have any current or previous financial ties to Wyndham, and meet the IRS and SEC criteria for independent board members.

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2013 12:32 pm   

ecwinch wrote:
ronparise wrote:

But only Club Pass members would have access to that reservation. The net result will be more competition/less availability for Worldmark members for reservations inside the 9 month window.

Because from a practical standpoint I think the concern is well-found. The mechanics of how the system will operate will be key.

While this is just creating another exchange system to owners use - which the BoD clearly has the authority to approve - currently trades with the other exchange systems rarely result in our high-demand resorts being used to settle those trades. Based on casual observation, they actually seem to settle with less desirable weeks. And I am not convinced that will be the case with this Exchange system.

that makes perfect sense except (also based on casual observation) there is no competition for the more popular resorts/weeks inside 9 months. they are all already reserved by then. . If Im wrong about that and there really is some good stuff for Wyndham owners to pick off, it will encourage Worldmark owners to do a little more advance planning

Also if there isnt anything good for Worldmark owners in their own system there are the 50 or more "new" Wyndham resorts to choose from...some of those are pretty good too

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2013 1:02 pm   

Ron,

I must not have been clear.

What I meant was if WM owners can book Wyndham at 9 months then Wyndham owners have had 1 month for people without ARP to book < a week.

But if Wyndham owners can book WM at 9 months then WM owners have no window to book WM resorts for < a week before Wyndham owners are competing for the same units.

Ian

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec 2013 1:35 pm   

PassionForTravel wrote:
Ron,

I must not have been clear.

What I meant was if WM owners can book Wyndham at 9 months then Wyndham owners have had 1 month for people without ARP to book < a week.

But if Wyndham owners can book WM at 9 months then WM owners have no window to book WM resorts for < a week before Wyndham owners are competing for the same units.

Ian

I understood what you meant. I just dont understand why its important