Register
It is currently Sun 26 Oct 2014 12:27 am

Depoe Bay Phases 1 and 2

View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue 27 Aug 2013 9:53 am   

I'm confused - which is phase 1 and which is phase 2 at Depoe Bay? Reading the resort site map, I would assume the south end is Phase 1 and the north end is phase 2, but after reading posts in this forum I can't really tell. Anyone?

vacationed at: Rosarito, SD Gaslamp, Oceanside, Anaheim, Indio, Big Bearx3, Solvang, Bass Lake, Angel's Camp, ClearLakex3, Rancho Vistoso, Spencer St, Las Vegasx3, St. George, Wolf Creek, Yellowstone, Camlin, Birch Bay, Hanalei Bay Resort x5, Ridge Tahoex5, Riviera Oaksx3, Kona Coast Resortx3, Mauna Loa Village.

PostPosted: Tue 27 Aug 2013 10:21 am   

I believe the Phase 2 units are all in the 2 buildings at the far south end of the resort that face the cove.

WorldMark Resorts Visited: Cascade Lodge, Sundance, Vancouver, Victoria, Birch Bay, Discovery Bay, Leavenworth, Surfside, Long Beach, Seaside, Gleneden Beach, Depoe Bay, Schooner Landing, Eagle Crest, Dolphin's Cove, Oceanside, Bison Ranch, Rancho Vistoso, Steamboat Springs, Orlando - Kingstown Reef, Ocean Walk, Kona, Kihei, Kapa'a Shore

Club Wyndham Affiliate Resorts: Waikiki Beach Walk

Interval Exchanges: Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Ko Olina, Sands of Kahana

RCI Exchanges: Orange Lake Resort

PostPosted: Tue 27 Aug 2013 11:28 am   

Hi Folks,
If you check the site map, building E begins Phase II and all buildings
to the South. All buildings to the North of Building E are in Phase I
beginning with building F.
To summarize:
Buildings F-K are in Phase I
Buildings A-E are in Phase II
I have a Residence Club unit in building K which is the building on the
far North of Depoe Bay and is in Phase I.

Please assign your proxy to WM Owners, Inc. Do NOT assign your proxy to WorldMark's BOD.

PostPosted: Tue 27 Aug 2013 2:02 pm   

Which phase would you recommend and why?

vacationed at: Rosarito, SD Gaslamp, Oceanside, Anaheim, Indio, Big Bearx3, Solvang, Bass Lake, Angel's Camp, ClearLakex3, Rancho Vistoso, Spencer St, Las Vegasx3, St. George, Wolf Creek, Yellowstone, Camlin, Birch Bay, Hanalei Bay Resort x5, Ridge Tahoex5, Riviera Oaksx3, Kona Coast Resortx3, Mauna Loa Village.

PostPosted: Tue 27 Aug 2013 4:33 pm   

carol_w wrote:
Which phase would you recommend and why?

Different people prefer each; it's really an individual choice. Phase II has a better view of the cove and the whales that hang out there. It is also the only place with a Q in the second BR. Phase I are closer to the ocean and have soaking tubs in the master. All of these have twins in the second BR (except the 3 BR of course). The differences in the views aren't that major since they all have good views of the water so many will alternate the phases. The best one is the one that is available.

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM: (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club Kelowna, Sunchaser Riverside Fairmont Hot Springs. Getaways: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver.
RCI: Extra Vacations: Lagoon Shores at Roche Harbor (loved it).

PostPosted: Tue 27 Aug 2013 5:15 pm   

We enjoyed Phase I, the north section. We were 3rd floor, bldg. G.. We are both ocean freaks and the rougher the water is, the better we like it. We liked seeing the storms come through right from the living room. We never used the big tub. Being from So Cal, it seemed like a waste of water. :) If you like calmer seas, the cove would be lovely. We will always try for Phase I if we return.

PostPosted: Tue 27 Aug 2013 8:11 pm   

We recently spent a night to watch whales- Phase II was available, Bldg D. At high tide, right out in front of our room were 2 whales, Carrie Newell in her zodiac, and a couple pelicans closer to shore. Also, Pelican Rock was just south of her bearing. If you are a birder, Phase II is great during migration seasons.

I like both phases.

WM: Eagle Crest, Wolf Creek, Steamboat Springs, LOTO; Clear Lake; Whistler; Kapaa; LV Blvd; Running Y; Kingston Reef; Coral Baja; Depoe Bay; Gleneden; Schooner's Landing;Kona; Gleneden; Seaside; Camlin; Wyndham Beachwalk Waikiki; Dolphin Cove; Indio; Oceanside Harbor, Inn at the 7th Mountain
Exchanges: Playa del Carmen; Lehigh Acres; Royal Caribbean to AK through Inside Passage, Marriott Beach Club at Ko Olina

PostPosted: Tue 27 Aug 2013 9:51 pm   

Thank you to everyone. We have waitlisted for early Sept 2014 (after Labor Day). Thanks for your input! Keep it coming!

PostPosted: Wed 28 Aug 2013 9:06 am   

wanderwoman wrote:
We recently spent a night to watch whales- Phase II was available, Bldg D. At high tide, right out in front of our room were 2 whales, Carrie Newell in her zodiac, and a couple pelicans closer to shore. Also, Pelican Rock was just south of her bearing. If you are a birder, Phase II is great during migration seasons.

I like both phases.

As a local, can you tell me where the name Depoe Bay came from? Is it named after an individual? or a derivation of a native word/name?

Sue

Resorts Visited: All WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT resorts + Las Vegas Blvd, Reno, South Shore, Rancho Vistoso, Bison Ranch, Fairfield Sedona, Big Bear, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes, San Francisco, Windsor, Clear Lake, Kona, Kauai, Oceanside, Pismo Beach, Solvang.

Non-WM: (All blue deposits; studio-2BR) Grand Monarch Cancun, Newport Coast Villas, Pollard Brook, Harbor Ridge, FSA, Sedona Summit, Starr Pass Golf Suites, Lawrence Welk Resort villas, Stoneridge at Blanchard, Hyatt High Sierra, Ridge Tahoe, Marriott Desert Springs, Wyndham Oceanside on trade with owner. Manteo Club Kelowna, Sunchaser Riverside Fairmont Hot Springs. Getaways: Ridge Tahoe, The Pines at Sunriver.

PostPosted: Wed 28 Aug 2013 9:14 am   

Chief "White Buffalo Robe" nicknamed "Depot Charley" for his fascination with the train at the depot in Newport is Depoe Bay's namsake. His name was later changed to the more sophisticated french spelling "Charlie Depoe", hence the unusual spelling of Depoe Bay. Chief William Charles Depoe became Depoe Bay's first landowner. In 1867 the government gave him 200 acres surrounding Depoe Bay.

PostPosted: Wed 28 Aug 2013 9:40 am   

PattyB wrote:
Chief "White Buffalo Robe" nicknamed "Depot Charley" for his fascination with the train at the depot in Newport is Depoe Bay's namsake. His name was later changed to the more sophisticated french spelling "Charlie Depoe", hence the unusual spelling of Depoe Bay. Chief William Charles Depoe became Depoe Bay's first landowner. In 1867 the government gave him 200 acres surrounding Depoe Bay.

What PattyB says. :)
I remember Charley Depoe in the 70s (not the primogenitor) and Depot Slough is located in Toledo.
More interesting info: [url]http://www.cityofdepoebay.org/pages/history.html
[/url]

BTW, The Annual Depoe Bay Salmon Bake is weekend of Sept. 21st.

WM: Eagle Crest, Wolf Creek, Steamboat Springs, LOTO; Clear Lake; Whistler; Kapaa; LV Blvd; Running Y; Kingston Reef; Coral Baja; Depoe Bay; Gleneden; Schooner's Landing;Kona; Gleneden; Seaside; Camlin; Wyndham Beachwalk Waikiki; Dolphin Cove; Indio; Oceanside Harbor, Inn at the 7th Mountain
Exchanges: Playa del Carmen; Lehigh Acres; Royal Caribbean to AK through Inside Passage, Marriott Beach Club at Ko Olina

PostPosted: Wed 28 Aug 2013 1:01 pm   

Thanks for the local info.
Sue